Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bake for a Friend

I love spending time with great friends. Often these moments are so great because they revolve around the delicious food that we were sharing in that moment. We laugh a little harder and stay a little longer when we are lingering over delicious food that has been lovingly prepared for us. Just this week I received a very kind thank you from a woman who shared this kind of moment with her friends.

Early in the summer I received an email from a woman who was throwing a shower for her girl friend. She was looking forward to this event, but naturally a little concerned given that her friend was gluten-intoherent. She wanted to try the Carrot Cake recipe from my cookbook and had a few questions before she got started.

I heard back from her this week and this is what she had to say. "I wanted to let you know how fantastic the carrot cake was for my shower! I bought a gluten free chocolate cake from a local bakery (very expensive) and your cake was WAY BETTER than that one! "

I was very happy to hear that her shower was such a success. It is always so rewarding to pull something from the oven that looks beautiful and that tastes amazing and then share with our friends and loved ones. I am about to do that very same thing. I have Buckwheat Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Bars baking in the oven that smell incredible! I know they will taste great and be even better when I share them with our friends coming over for a last minute Autumn get together.

So, who do you want to bake for?

Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment